Clinically evaluated by Drugs.com. Final updated on Sep 24, 2019.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
How can I catheterize myself?
- Attempt to urinate before you catheterize your self.
- Gather all the items you shall require: pose a question to your healthcare prov >
- Eliminate the catheter: When urine not any longer happens of this catheter, pinch it shut with all the tactile hand that has been keeping your labia. Carefully and gradually pull the catheter away. Keep carefully the end for the catheter up to avoid dribbling of urine.
- Clean your catheter: in the event your catheter is reusable, follow your healthcare provider’s directions to wash it. In case the catheter is a single-use catheter, throw it away.
Whenever must I catheterize myself?
Catheterize yourself at the very least 4 times each and at bedtime day.
How to assist in preventing contamination?
- Clean the hands: Always wash both hands with water and soap before you catheterize your self.
- Dry and clean reusable catheters: Clean all reusable catheters with detergent and heated water after every usage. Sterilize all catheters that are reusable a pan of boiling water for 20 mins. Set the catheters on a paper that is clean to dry.
- Shop catheters precisely: Shop dry catheters in a clean synthetic case. Continue reading “Just How to Catheterize Yourself (Woman)”